Sometimes, you go to do laundry, and realize your washing machine smells worse than your pile of dirty clothes! Just like clothes, your washing machine needs a cleaning every once and a while too. Yup, residue builds up and that’s why you get that musty smell.
Here is a great way to clean, disinfect, kill all that nasty bacteria and get rid of that moldy smell without using any harsh or expensive chemicals.
Here's how to do it:
TOP LOADER WASHING MACHINE
- Fill your washing machine with the hottest water.
- Add 4 cups of vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda to your water.
- Let it fizz as the water fills up.
- Choose standard wash cycle.
- Close the lid and let it and mix for a few minutes.
- Pause the cycle, open the lid and let it soak for at least 1 hour.
- Close the lid and finish the cycle.
FRONT LOADER WASHING MACHINE
- Use the hottest water setting available.
- Select the extra rinse setting.
- Pour 1 cup Vinegar into the detergent compartment.
- Add 1/2 cup of Baking Soda into the drum of the washer.
- Run the full cycle.
- Once finished scrub the inside of the drum with a non-abrasive sponge & clean the inside of the seal (this is where the majority of buildup from the front loaders comes from).
That's all there is to it.
Now, enjoy fresh smelling laundry again!